- Malaysia Hardware is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to assist us in carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you. In this policy we explain how we collect your personal information, how we hold, use and disclose it and what controls you have over it and our use of it.
- This policy is available on our websites at www.malaysiahardware.com
Collection of information
- Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that Malaysia Hardware may collect about you includes:
- name, gender, date of birth and age;
- identification information, including signature, driver’s licence number and student identification number;
- contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- details of a family member you register for an in-store event, competition or promotion, including name and age;
- details about your purchases and orders from us and your product and services preferences;
- vehicle number plate details;
- employer or business details;
- financial information, including bank and cheque account details and credit card details, and information about your credit history
- images from video surveillance and other cameras in our stores (including in car parks, pick up areas and store entrances); and
- if you apply for employment with us, details regarding your employment history, educational qualifications and similar information.
- The main ways we collect personal information from you are:
- if you purchase or order any product from us;
- if you visit a Malaysia Hardware store or if you contact Malaysia Hardware, including to make an inquiry regarding our products and services, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund, or to attend an event;
- if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to Malaysia Hardware;
- if you hire equipment from our stores where we supply that equipment as agent for a third party, that third party may share your hire details with us;
- if you interact with Malaysia Hardware via social networking services;
- if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
- if you participate in any competition that we conduct;
- if you apply for a credit account with Malaysia Hardware;
- via our security cameras or other cameras installed in our stores (including in car parks, pick up areas and store entrances);
- if you undertake any of Malaysia Hardware’s induction, safety or compliance processes; or
- if you submit an employment application to us.
- We may also collect personal information about you from:
- publicly available sources, including from Malaysian Government agencies, internet search platforms and social media platforms;
- any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to Malaysia Hardware;
- credit reporting bodies and other credit providers, if you apply for a credit account with Malaysia Hardware;
- any persons you nominate, if you submit an employment application to us; and
- our related companies.
Use and disclosure of personal information
- We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
- Malaysia Hardware may use your personal information:
- to charge you for products and services we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
- to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
- to deliver our products and services to you;
- to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us
- to provide refunds and exchanges;
- to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
- to undertake product recalls;
- to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis;
- to determine your product or service preferences and preferred store locations;
- in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
- to monitor customer traffic in our stores and identify high traffic areas or frequently visited locations in our stores;
- to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
- to assess any application that you make to us for a credit account, of any nature;
- to assist us in ensuring security, health and safety and customer protection in our stores (including car parks, pick up areas and store entrances);
- to assist us, our service providers and related companies in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
- We work with a number of third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties to facilitate the provision of products and services to you (including to facilitate repairs and customer recalls), such as to product manufacturers and suppliers, couriers and installers;
- third parties, if you hire equipment from us which we supply as an agent for that third party;
- marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organizers in connection with Malaysia Hardware’s marketing, advertising and events;
- third parties who provide services to Malaysia Hardware in connection with our business operations, monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website, as well as our online services or online applications;
- credit reporting agencies and other credit providers, to assist in assessing any application that you make to us for a credit account, of any nature;
- third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to Malaysia Hardware in connection with our business, including for example financial institutions, security services providers, market research companies, IT service providers, payment processers and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
- Malaysia Hardware’s professional advisers, where required to enable any such adviser to provide services to Malaysia Hardware;
- third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities
- law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorized by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- related companies of Malaysia Hardware
Transfer of information overseas
- Some of our service providers may be located overseas or may store information (including your personal information) that we provide to them overseas.We may also provide your personal information to related companies of Malaysia Hardware that are located overseas.Therefore the personal information you provide to us may be held overseas.
- Personal information you disclose to us will only be held or processed overseas in accordance with all applicable law.
- You have the option of dealing with Malaysia Hardware anonymously or by using a pseudonym.However, if you deal with us in this manner, we may not be able to provide all of our products and services to you or interact with you in other ways set out in this policy.For example, we will not be able to deliver products to you if you do not provide us with address details for the delivery.
Changes to this policy
- ATKC may update this policy from time to time. We may let you know of significant changes to this policy by posting a notification on our website. The current version of this policy will always be available on our website.